The Radiant Seed Program is a combination of yoga meditation and mindfulness which guides children/youth and parents in a practice of age-appropriate yoga, relaxation, stillness, and breathing techniques.
We use yoga practice, stories, games, songs, and brain-body movement to create engaging lesson plans. Teaching children to pay attention, increase focus, and balance their emotions, all while building physical strength and flexibility.
Based on a growing body of evidence that yoga and mindfulness practices can help children develop focus and concentration, ultimately improving health, behaviour, and even school achievement.
Benefits of our program
- Encourages Self-expression and self-confidence.
- Promotes self-discipline.
- Helps right/left coordination.
- Reduces stress and anxieties.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Can improve relationships at home and at school.
- Decreases aggressiveness.
- Improves behaviour and attitude.
- Improves focus, memory & concentration.
- Promotes inner peace.
Yoga & Meditation Classes In Preschools
Classes run for 30min to 1hr and meet the Early Learning Frameworks criteria. Bridging the curriculum between kinder and schools.
Spirit Nation together with Berwick Lodge Primary School are thrilled to announce that we have developed an app which contains a series of lessons and matched learning outcomes with AUSVELS in Foundation and the Kindergarten framework.
- The app which will launched at the end of April will be available to Kindergarten educators and parents;
- The lessons are filmed and include an online link to record each student’s progress; and
- Parents can use the same lessons at home, thereby reinforcing the work done at Kindergartens.
Some preschools that have implemented the program include Meruka Childcare Co-Op, Eltham; Eltham Community Co-Op, Eltham; Raleigh St Preschool -Thornbury. For more preschool names, please contact us.
Yoga & Meditation Classes In Schools
Meets the AusVels criteria.
The nine key areas – Community Identity Wellbeing Behavioural
- Level at which the child interacts with other children – shows concern for others.
- Child’s level of confidence – listens to others ideas, respects different ways of being and doing.
- Child’s ability to concentrate and listen – open to new challenges; express a wide range of emotions, thoughts and views constructively.
- Child’s ability to express themselves positively – demonstrate an increasing capacity for self-regulation.
- Child’s enthusiasm for participating in physical play and negotiate play spaces to ensure the safety and wellbeing of themselves and others.
- Child’s level of coordination skills – engage in increasingly complex sensory-motor skills and movement patterns.
- Child’s level of emotional wellbeing – shares happiness, humour and satisfaction and is increasingly cooperate and can work collaboratively with others.
- Child’s ability to respond well to instructions- persists when faced with challenges and when first attempts are not successful.
- Child’s ability to respect the needs of others – Feels recognised and respected for who they are.
Other programs we offer:
4 & 8 week School Programs
These programs give children and educators tools to help with Self Esteem, Anxiety, Confidence and Self-awareness. Themes include Happiness, Positive perception, How Comparing, Complaining and Competing with peers can damage your self-esteem. Also, “Starting your day on the right foot”.
More info coming soon.
Meditation, Mindfulness and Relaxation classes
Interested in our program? contact us